Mike


Dedicated to the Passionate Pursuit of the Glory of God.



Puritan Catechism Question of the Week
Q 16. Into what estate did the fall bring mankind?
A. The fall brought mankind into a state of sin and misery.

Name: Mike
Location: California, United States
See my complete profile

Monday, October 24, 2005

The critical question for our generation - and for every generation - is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?
God is the Gospel by John Piper. Pg. 15.
For this book check out his site.

Great quote from a great man who has written yet another great book!

2 Comments:

Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

hey Mike,
working through that book myself, along with listening to Romans (@ message 49) and the biographies. The paradigm he has been given is supreme...God is the most valuable and satisfying reality...in all of reality! I am being rocked!
look forward to perusing your blog.
Danny

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I have heard a few people criticize the book, but upon initially reading it I am amazed. I always love how clearly Piper expresses the supremacy of Christ. The quote I gave can be very convicting. How often, i must ask myself, when I think of God do I really think of what God can do for me rather than the true beauty of His character? Oh, how I long to see His Glory more clearly. I think Piper's latest book has taken me one step closer.

In Christ alone,
mike

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home